Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bryan Alvarez noted yesterday that Vince McMahon once again tore up the script for SmackDown late in the day and rewrote the show.
- Along those same lines, Ryan Satin says he heard Eric Bischoff still hasn’t had much influence on creative since starting work.
- According to the Observer, the idea is now that Daniel Bryan is a heel that even the other heels dislike. That’s part of the story they’re telling with the Roman Reigns attacks.
- There are people in power who are behind Andrade, says Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, and they may be starting up trying to do something with him now.
- A mask vs. hair match against Rey Mysterio, by the way, likely won’t happen, apparently because they don’t want Andrade cutting his hair and Mysterio can’t lose his mask.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.