Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, the Observer notes that the recent contract Undertaker signed with WWE is long enough that it will likely keep him there for life.
- The Wrestling Observer is now saying the word within WWE is that Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff were hired when they were to “show stockholders that they were making significant structural changes to offset questions about the popularity declines.”
- Aleister Black vs. Sami Zayn, a Fatal 4-Way for the women’s tag team titles, Drew Gulak vs. Oney Lorcan, and Drew McIntyre vs. Cedric Alexander are all listed internally within WWE for SummerSlam, per the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- They also note that the Intercontinental championship and both the Raw and SmackDown tag team titles aren’t currently listed for the show.
- WrestleVotes says folks in power at NXT are high on Riddick Moss and he has “stood out at the Performance Center as of late.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.