Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer says the announcement about NXT’s move to USA is “coming soon enough”. He reiterated his previous report that Triple H told NXT talent last Thursday.
- Vince McMahon was not at Raw in Minnesota last night, per Pro Wrestling Sheet’s Ryan Satin. Paul Heyman, Triple H & Kevin Dunn ran the show.
- There’s been talk of WWE “essentially phasing out live events” then only running select markets and/or doing dual brand “Supershow cards”, says Twitter’s rovert.
- Tony Schiavone signed a contract with All Elite Wrestling, according to PW Insider. He’ll continue with MLW, and talked to WWE but nothing came together.
- Also from Ryan Satin - Jim Cornette, who was the center of a Twitter controversy yesterday when he made a joke disparaging Impact’s Jordynne Grace’s appearance, is done with MLW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.