Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes that there’s been a lot of talk that WWE will make a major announcement on Monday Night Raw this evening, and that will be the NXT move to USA Network.
- They also note, however, that there will be “one more significant bit of news” related to that on the show.
- According to WrestleVotes, the current plan is for every episode of NXT on USA to be live, and for the show to run two hours.
- Despite what happened at the recent NXT tapings, the Observer says the Street Profits are not on Raw. The plan is for them to remain in NXT going forward while still appearing on Raw in a non-wrestling capacity.
- Per PW Insider, a lot of wrestlers were having issues with travel to the Houston house show this past weekend.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.