Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, there has been a pitch for WWE to put NXT on USA Network.
- The show would apparently debut on Oct. 2, directly opposing AEW on TNT, and it would run for two hours.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer chimed in to say the show would have a live component thought it could also be taped on some weeks.
- WWE has had talks to bring in “a number of people they’ve never had any interest in,” says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Per WWE Network News, the next WWE Photo Shoot will air next week and feature Big Show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.