Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bray Wyatt was kept off TV this week because WWE wants to keep the character special, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet’s Ryan Satin, who also said there’s nothing to talk the company’s concerned The Fiend gimmick is “too scary”.
- El Hijo del Fantasma (King Cuerno in Lucha Underground) is at the Performance Center and was introduced internally as part of yesterday’s signing class, per Casey Michael of Squared Circle Sirens. WWE could be announcing him at today’s NXT taping.
- Madison Square Garden is advertising the King of the Ring semis for the Raw and SmackDown broadcasts there on Sept. 9 -10, which supports the report the finals will happen at Clash of Champions.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said Buddy Murphy originally wasn’t planned to be a part of the Roman Reigns attacker story, but WWE added him when fans noticed him in the forklift video.
- Jon Moxley’s New Japan contract runs through the Jan. 4 Tokyo Dome show, says Sports Illustrated.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.