Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Based on the quantity of merchandise for Bray Wyatt’s new gimmick that was available in Toronto for SummerSlam, expect a big push for The Fiend and Firefly FunHouse.
- Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn will “have to” get more involved with NXT if it becomes a live two hour show on FS1, per Dave Meltzer.
- Johnny Gargano’s curtain call moment at TakeOver: Toronto was just something William Regal wanted to do to honor him, according to Triple H, who said it wasn’t meant as a signal he’s definitely leaving NXT. The Game didn’t rule out a call-up either though.
- A spokesperson for Knoxville County Mayor Glen Jacobs told WBIR that even though WWE advertised Kane for two shows in Lousiana, Jacobs is not scheduled to return to wrestling any time soon.
- PAC suffered a nasty-looking injury on an indie show in the UK on Aug. 1, but recent word is he’s okay - and therefore still a possibility as one of Chris Jericho’s partners on AEW’s TNT premiere.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.