Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Randy Orton has been dealing with a neck issue and was given some time off for it but he’s expected to be fine and back on TV soon.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows have indeed signed new deals with WWE, and that’s part of the big push they’re getting on television.
- Furthermore, WWE is apparently making bigger money offers than have been reported in an effort to ensure no one leaves right now.
- SI notes that Vince McMahon was incredibly happy with Monday Night Raw last week with the little changes that were implemented.
- PW Insider notes Eric Bischoff was scheduled for SmackDown last week but wasn’t there. The speculation is WWE is giving Bischoff time to move to Connecticut to get settled, which is why he’s scheduled to start after Extreme Rules.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.