Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes that Paul Heyman is a strong advocate for Ricochet, Aleister Black, and Lacey Evans.
- The Street Profits are still considered NXT talent, instead of being full blown call ups, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Fightful says Roman Reigns, who missed both WWE television shows this week, went home right after the Japan tour. The Usos & Naomi were also apparently listed as being on vacation.
- Dave Meltzer noted he was told to “expect another major counter by WWE” to All Out here soon.
- ROH Best in the World did an estimated 1,200 buys, per the WON.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.