Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is “desperately” trying to make Seth Rollins cool, and that’s why he had the interaction with The Street Profits on Raw this week.
- He also said he thinks the 24/7 championship is going to be even more prominent on WWE television going forward.
- Per the Observer, WWE is doing things trying to get Becky Lynch over like she was during her initial run to the title.
- WrestleVotes says SmackDown will be shot with different cameras when it moves to FOX, and it will seem “cinematic like.”
- They also say a lot of money was spent on promotion for the upcoming WWE 2K game, with stars the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair involved.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.