Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Last night’s Raw was “the heaviest Paul Heyman influenced show to date,” according to Wrestling Observer.
- Heyman’s apparently high on the gauntlet match since the concept played a big role helping Kofi Kingston and Seth Rollins get over in the past couple years. This one was supposed to help make Ricochet and Andrade stars.
- Fightful has another report on WWE’s internal inactive list, and the latest shows Bobby Lashley as “inactive” and has an expected return date for NXT’s Tommaso Ciampa in mid-August.
- Scotland’s ICW and a series called “Fight Club” are showing up as locked content for some users on the revamped WWE Network. It’s believed to be part of the premium third level when rolls out the tiered model for the streaming service in the coming weeks or months.
- Chris Sabin is guest-coaching at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando this week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.