Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE hopes it can get The Rock to appear live for the first SmackDown Live on FOX but he hasn’t agreed just yet.
- The WON also says the feeling was WWE wasn’t sure of doing another all women’s special like Evolution if Ronda Rousey wasn’t going to be around.
- Even though he made a remark about going to NXT on television, the Observer notes there are no plans for AJ Styles or The O.C. to go there.
- Speaking of NXT, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that The Street Profits will only be appearing in backstage segments on Raw and that they’re using it as an advertisement for NXT.
- PW Insider notes that WWE has hired Chris Resnick, who was a Director and Producer for Ring of Honor, to work on WWE Network programming.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.