Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While initial reporting indicated Eric Bischoff would be working on the creative side of SmackDown Live, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that that’s not the case and he’ll be doing other things.
- Although there was initially some doubt about his appearing on the show, Post Wrestling notes that John Cena is expected to be at Raw Reunion tonight.
- One person who isn’t expected to be there is The Rock, though WWE has apparently reached out to him about appearing at the SmackDown Live debut on FOX in October and it’s currently up in the air, per Meltzer.
- As for who turned down WWE for Raw Reunion, Meltzer said Bret Hart elected not to work the show.
- WWE tickets sales for TV tapings at Madison Square Garden have been disappointing, says the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.