Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- “There was no real discernable difference” backstage at Raw with Paul Heyman as Executive Director, per PW Insider’s sources.
- Insider continues to say Heyman’s new ideas and direction for Raw will be implemented slowly.
- That said, the feeling on Twitter from people experienced working with Heyman like Taz, Lance Storm and Mick Foley was that Paul’s fingerprints were already on the show.
- According to WrestleVotes, WWE is in the process of designing and introducing a new stage. The account speculated that Raw’s opening match may be a way to debut the new look.
- AXS TV might be the new television home for Impact, says Voices of Wrestling. The two sides are said to be close to signing a deal, but it’s not final.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.