Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There were plans for Bray Wyatt to re-debut and wrestle at SummerSlam, according to WrestleVotes, but those may have changed now that Paul Heyman & Eric Bischoff have taken over.
- Backstage sources spoke to Fightful about Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows re-signing with WWE. The consensus is that everyone is happy for them as they work hard and deserve the big raises they got, but not many are optimistic tag teams will be booked any differently.
- Tamina’s match with Naomi at a house show in Maine Friday night was stopped when she appeared to get knocked out. Wrestling Observer Radio reports Tamina suffered a concussion.
- MJF was pulled from an indie appearance Sunday due to “a severe elbow injury” he suffered at Fight for the Fallen, but there’s speculation it’s a work.
- Jim Ross says he was invited to next Monday’s Raw Reunion show, and AEW President Tony Khan said he could go, but he decided not to attend.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.