Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The injury Kofi Kingston is dealing with is a back issue, says PW Insider. All indications are he’ll be able to wrestle at Extreme Rules.
- They also say Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows were looking at doing a podcast if they left WWE but that’s not happening since they’re staying.
- There’s a video going around of a Bayley promo talking about WWE doing TV in Madison Square Garden in September.
- There’s some speculation that Drake Maverick will no longer be working with AOP once they return to television now that he’s 24/7 champion.
- MMA Fighting is saying the Tito Ortiz vs. Alberto Del Rio fight will take place at a 210-pound catchweight and it should happen later this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.