Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The expectation is that Brock Lesnar will win the title when he cashes in his Money in the Bank contract tonight on Raw.
- Mickie James appeared to suffer some sort of knee injury at a WWE live event over the weekend, but it appears she’s okay.
- Speaking of injuries, the Observer notes that a lot of wrestlers were “pretty beat up” coming out of NXT TakeOver: XXV this weekend.
- That includes Bobby Fish, who was seen in a sling, but they say all indications are it was nothing too serious.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Davey Boy Smith is going to get a big push in MLW but he’s also garnering interest from everywhere, including WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.