Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Kind of a no-brainer, but word is Undertaker is back to help ratings and generate buzz for the company in the build to Extreme Rules.
- While it’s pending medical clearance, per PW Insider WWE is targeting Rey Mysterio’s return for the July 8 Raw in Newark.
- Bray Wyatt is back on the road for WWE, according to Insider.
- The term “Codebreaker” is now on the banned list for WWE announcers, says Wrestling Observer Radio.
- On Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said the change to not have matches continue during commercials was something Vince McMahon “just threw it out there like nonchalantly” during a meeting.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.