Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The (perhaps obvious coming out of Stomping Grounds) speculation is that Extreme Rules will feature a mixed tag of Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans with both the Universal and Raw Women’s Championships on the line.
- Multiple sites have reported on a WWE production change implemented last Monday. Vince McMahon decided matches won’t extend across commercial breaks. Wrestling Observer Radio reported that’s why there were two out of three falls matches on Raw and SmackDown, so the commercials could air between falls.
- Post Wrestling said the change is because actual sports don’t continue games during commercials, so WWE doesn’t want to appear different from their broadcasts.
- A system similar to the old European rounds system has been pitched, according to PW Insider. Matches would have six five-minute rounds and whoever scores two falls or knocks their opponent out wins.
- PW Insider also notes that AEW recently filed a trademark for “Wednesday Night Dynamite”, a sign their TNT show will air on Wednesdays.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.