Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes claims multiple sources said the WWE show in Saudi Arabia was a disaster backstage.
- Fumi Saito said recently on his podcast that NJPW told him he wasn’t allowed to mention AEW during a promo, and there may be some sort of issue between the two sides.
- Andrade likely won’t be at television this week following the death of his mother this past weekend, per the Observer.
- Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the finish of the Lars Sullivan vs. Lucha House Party match at Super ShowDown was changed from Sullivan winning to the DQ they went with.
- While Kota Ibushi is banged up, he’s not injured and is expected to play a big role in the G-1 this year, according to the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.