Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rajah says Goldberg’s deal with WWE for the Saudi Arabia show on June 7 is a one-off and he has not signed a new contract to keep him away from AEW.
- Not surprisingly, the speculation is Roman Reigns will be heavily featured on both Raw and SmackDown going forward.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE didn’t upload any videos from Raw to its YouTube channel until after the show was over as a way to encourage fans to watch USA Network. That’s another solution they’ve come up with to low viewership.
- Meltzer also said the goal with what WWE is doing with The Revival is to devalue them as much as possible before they leave.
- Marshall and Ross Von Erich have signed with MLW, as the promotion announced, but PW Insider has added the deals are for five years and it’s possible Kevin Von Erich will also appear for the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.