Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- One of Raw’s lead writers, Ryan Callahan, was fired last week, per Fightful. It was reportedly due to a conflict with writing team manager Dave “Ranjin Singh” Kapoor.
- As pointed out by David Bixenspan, Triple H briefly liked a tweet blaming Vince McMahon for WWE’s ‘confusing and pointless’ storylines, and saying the company should provide its wrestlers with health insurance.
- It was said on Wrestling Observer Radio that due to Raw and SmackDown’s recent ratings slump, television executives perceive wrestling as being “cold” now. That apparently wasn’t the case as recently as a month ago.
- Dave Meltzer also said we shouldn’t be surprised if we see Goldberg, Brock Lesnar and Undertaker on TV during the build to the next Saudi show to help with ratings.
- Double Or Nothing is listed as a pay-per-view event by several satellite providers, according to PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.