Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The speculation surrounding Daniel Bryan’s injury, per the Observer, is that he suffered a concussion and everyone tried to keep it quiet. It’s a good sign he’s been cleared already, however.
- WWE kept throwing more money at Dean Ambrose trying to get him to sign but he wouldn’t, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. They speculate WWE sent him out so well thinking he’ll be coming back.
- The Observer notes that Dana Brooke was given the spot in the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match that was originally earmarked for Sasha Banks.
- For whatever it’s worth, Bray Wyatt told a fan he’s working on bringing Luke Harper into the Firefly Fun House gimmick.
- Per PW Insider, the NWA is unhappy with Willie Mack signing a deal with Impact Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.