Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, Dean Ambrose is expected to start taking bookings in June and possibly sooner, and he may already have a bunch of bookings lined up already.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that WWE business declining in the way it has during the lead up to WrestleMania has led to second guessing of women headlining the show. That’s on top of ratings issues when women’s segments are featured on television.
- They also say Los Angeles is the likely landing spot for WrestleMania 37 in 2021.
- NXT TakeOver on June 1 is expected to happen in Bridgeport, Connecticut, says the Observer.
- Dixie Carter mentioned doing some filming in Connecticut recently and the belief is it is for a WWE project.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.