Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sasha Banks will “probably end up back in WWE,” says Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Both Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez speculated that Jon Moxley could be planning on doing a G1 tournament now that he’s able.
- Meltzer also seemed to confirm that Jon Moxley was correct when he said EC3 has been treated unfairly since they feuded because of bad crowd reaction to it. WWE apparently didn’t like it and EC3 has been the scapegoat.
- Per the Observer, Double or Nothing looks to have done numbers well ahead of ALL IN.
- According to Post Wrestling, Akam of AOP has been cleared to return and the team will be back when they get a creative direction.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.