Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fans reported WWE officials at Tuesday’s SmackDown were confiscating signs like “You aren’t MJF” and “Save us HHH” from audience members, but not before some of them showed up on TV.
- On PW Insider Elite Audio, Mike Johnson said he’d heard a rumor there was talk of doing NXT TakeOver in Saudi Arabia before Super ShowDown.
- Speaking of NXT, the Observer says the current plan is for Matt Riddle to get the winner of Saturday’s Adam Cole/Johnny Gargano rematch at August’s TakeOver in Toronto.
- WWE cancelled next Monday’s SmackDown house show in Corpus Christi due to a “scheduling conflict”, the fourth since the Wild Card Rule was announced.
- TMZ was first to report that WCW/WWE-ex Terri Runnels was arrested yesterday after airport security in Tampa found a loaded gun in her purse. She posted a Twitter video explaining it was “a simple mistake”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.