Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, Tony Khan said it was Jon Moxley who approached him about working out a deal with AEW as soon as he was able after leaving WWE.
- That deal, the Observer notes, includes his being able to work outside dates internationally and on the independent scene stateside, though he will be full time with AEW.
- PW Insider noted everyone at AEW was thrilled with Double or Nothing and the television deal has driven up morale among the wrestlers.
- AJ Styles isn’t advertised for WWE shows over the next month outside of Super ShowDown, leading to speculation he could be taking some time off.
- Shawn Spears, the former Tye Dillinger, told reporters after Double or Nothing he hasn’t signed a deal with AEW. It’s expected he will, however.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.