Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Probably obvious after Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler was booked, but it’s expected Brock Lesnar will cash-in his Money in the Bank shot next Monday for a Universal championship match against Seth Rollins at Super ShowDown.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer also said AJ Styles “may be” wrestling Baron Corbin in Saudi Arabia.
- Booking Ziggler for Super ShowDown was apparently a last minute decision, as WWE will have to send a replacement for an appearance he already had set that weekend in Australia.
- The Wild Card Rule isn’t popular backstage, according to sources of Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp. Several he spoke to feel creative is using the roster flexibility as a crutch.
- Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center is advertising the following matches for July’s Extreme Rules PPV: Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE title, Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin in a Tables Match for the Universal title, Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre, and AJ Styles vs. a mystery opponent.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.