Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On PW Insider Elite Audio, Mike Johnson said that while filling the ‘Continuity Script Supervisor’ position is a priority for WWE, they haven’t hired anyone yet. Johnson isn’t sure they’ve even started interviewing candidates.
- There’s talk, from Dave Meltzer on Observer Radio and elsewhere, that WWE plans to get Charlotte Flair to 17 title reigns to break her father’s WWE-recognized record.
- Contrary to previous reports, Wrestling Observer says Ali did know Brock Lesnar would be the person running in and winning the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- The top matches advertised for June 23’s Stomping Grounds PPV are Kevin Owens vs. Kofi Kingston for the WWE title, Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin for the Universal championship, and Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns.
- Sources told The Observer that Vince McMahon “loved the idea” of the 24/7 Championship when it was brought up in creative.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.