Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to both Fightful and Bodyslam.net, WWE added two months to Dash Wilder’s current contract due to the time he missed with a broken jaw in 2017. His deal will now expire in June of next year.
- In an interview with Fightful Select, Lio Rush responded to recent reports of backstage heat and said a lot of it is coming from someone who was with Ring of Honor while he was there, and “hated me since the day I’ve worked for ROH and now that they work for WWE they’re leaking false information to get me released”.
- Ryback confirmed a report from PW Insider Elite that WWE tells incoming talent to turn over their social media login and password information.
- Rhyno’s WWE contract expires in July, per Wrestling Inc, and indie IWC is already advertising his return to their roster later this year.
- A deal has been reached to release Jeff Cobb from his Lucha Underground contract, according to Lucha Central.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.