Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal championship is the current plan for WWE Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia, says WrestleVotes.
- PW Insider notes there were plans for Big E to be at Money in the Bank “at one point,” so he could return to television sooner rather than later.
- Despite other reports saying otherwise, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Sami Zayn’s current character is one he came up with himself and not someone else.
- According to the Observer, Road Dogg took time off from WWE because he was feeling so much pressure but he is expected back at some point and will likely be working under Triple H when he returns.
- Jack Swagger told Ariel Helwani that he’s had talks with AEW. He could be going there in the future.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.