Yes indeed, ladies, gentlemen, and assorted nonbinary folks, it’s time for the World Wrestling Network to come back in to your home with Evolve 127 (live from Livonia, Michigan) and Evolve 128 (live from Indianapolis, Indiana), and as always, I’m here to give you the low down on what’s going down.
I’m a bit stuck for time this go round, so we’re do a lightning round format, folks— let’s list ‘em out and break ‘em down!
Evolve 127 (Friday, March 10, at 8PM Eastern)
- Anthony Greene vs. Stephen Wolf
- Anthony Henry vs. Juntai
- Adrian Jaoude vs. Josh Briggs
- Curt Stallion vs. Eddie Kingston
- Harlem Bravado & Kassius Ohno vs. the Skulk (AR Fox & Leon Ruff)
- JD Drake (c) vs. Joe Gacy (WWN Championship)
- Adam Cole vs. Austin Theory
Evolve 128 (Saturday, May 11, at 8PM Eastern)
- Anthony Greene vs. Steven Pena
- Juntai vs. Leon Ruff vs. Stephen Wolf
- Natalia Markova vs. Shotzi Blackheart
- Ace Perry vs. Curt Stallion
- Adrian Jaoude vs. Harlem Bravado
- The Unwanted (Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy) (c) vs. WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake) (Evolve Tag Team Championship)
- Austin Theory (c) vs. “Spyder” Nate Webb (Evolve World Championship)
- Josh Briggs vs. Kassius Ohno
- Adam Cole vs. AR Fox
- “Spyder” Nate Webb is coming to Evolve?! It all started when Evolve booker Gabe Sapolsky expressed regret that he never booked Nate again after his incredible performance in the ROH/CZW Cage of Death match during his time booking Ring of Honor. Webb called him out for not honoring his promises and off to the races we went!
That this match is even happening is some real wacky 2019 pro wrestling stuff, folks. I can’t properly express how exciting Nate Webb in an Evolve ring is— he’s still as good as ever, and he had a match against Joey Janela in CZW a year or two back that was a technical tour de force from two guys you generally wouldn’t expect that from.
All I’m saying is, the match is gonna be great as long as Theory doesn’t take us to Headlock City and I wouldn’t be shocked if Nate leaves with the title.
- Adam Cole returns to Evolve to turn Undisputed ERA’s 2019 around. It’s no surprise that Undisputed ERA have fallen on hard times, folks. On WrestleMania weekend alone, Kyle O’Reilly failed to capture the Evolve World Championship from Theory and Cole lost the vacant NXT Championship to WWN Icon Johnny Gargano. But here in Evolve, Adam has a chance to shut Austin Theory up for good and gain a big win over WWN original AR Fox that may give him the spike of momentum he needs to finally claim the NXT Championship.
- The Unwanted look to settle the score against the WorkHorsemen and Curt Stallion. JD Drake agreed to defend the WWN Championship against Joe Gacy if he and Anthony Henry got a shot at their Evolve Tag Team Championship and I got a feeling that one way or the other, one of these teams is leaving with all that gold. Plus, Curt Stallion gets a chance to avenge the disrespect visited on him time and again by Eddie Kingston in a match that has even odds of being the breakout match of the whole weekend.
- Josh Briggs makes his return from injury! Not even two whole months after being injured, the big man who doesn’t like you is back and set to compete against two visiting NXT stars. At Evolve 127 he’s got Adrian Jaoude, and at Evolve 128 he ramps up bigtime as he faces the returning Kassius Ohno. It’s a chance to earn a real passing of the torch from the greatest indie wrestler of all time, and I have no doubt that Josh will grab that brass ring with both hands.
- Two up-and-comers will face off against Evolve’s newest roster member Anthony Greene with WWN contracts on the line. Both Steven Pena and Stephen Wolf have impressed WWN officials and earned a chance to beat the Retrosexual and go full-time with Evolve.
- Last but certainly not least, Shotzi Blackheart’s war for a spot on the roster continues. At Evolve 128 she’s got a match against Shine’s international superstar Natalia Markova, but Shotzi remains with her eye set on the greater prize of competing with the men of Evolve. And just on a personal note, after her entry into the WWN contract scramble at Mercury Rising, I’ve been a little taken aback by how much it matters to me to see a woman get a fair shake to compete in my favorite wrestling promotion— no showcase matches, no women’s division, just kicking ass and taking names with the boys. I hope she beats Theory for the Evolve title.
Like what you read?
Well mosey on over to WWNLive to subscribe to Club WWN, where now the live stream of the shows is included in your subscription, and be sure to come right back here to Cageside Seats to hang out in the live thread while you watch the shows!