Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Jim Ross recently mentioned that WWE re-signed an undercard wrestler who isn’t even on television to a $500K contract.
- That led to a report from Fightful that Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson of The Revival were offered 5 year, $500K per year deals.
- Wrestling Observer confirmed the offer, and said that Wilder & Dawson turned down the contracts.
- That Lio Rush wasn’t on TV Monday night or mentioned while Bobby Lashley was on-screen could be a sign he’s done on Raw.
- According to SoCalUncensored.com, AAA owner Dorian Roldan threatened to send cease & desists to Ring of Honor and NWA for using Willie Mack, who is still under contract to Lucha Underground. Lucha Central says Jeff Cobb, Sonny Kiss and Famous B are all seeking lawyers to help them get free of their Lucha Underground contracts.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.