Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter says WWE made Undertaker an offer he couldn’t refuse, financially speaking, and that’s how the company will prevent him from taking outside bookings going forward.
- The WON also says the decision to move Bayley to SmackDown Live had been the plan for some time.
- PW Insider notes that Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows have remained steadfast in leaving WWE later this year.
- WWE has applied to trademark the term “WWE Stomping Grounds,” possibly for a future event, says Insider.
- The Observer mentions New Japan announced Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Jay White, and Kota Ibushi for the G-1 Climax tournament to help get ticket sales going in Dallas.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.