Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Reaction to John Oliver’s latest WWE coverage among talent backstage at WWE was mixed, according to wrestlers Fightful says they spoke to. Responses ranged from calling it “hacky” to a “home run”.
- There are still talks of SmackDown becoming a three hour show when it moves to Fox, according to Wrestling Observer Radio. The third hour would probably air on FS1.
- Raw and SmackDown tag title matches will be added to the WrestleMania 35 card, says Post Wrestling.
- According to that report, The Usos will defend against multiple teams in a match booked on tonight’s SmackDown. The Revival’s match will be announced later this week, and will not be against Ricochet & Aleister Black.
- Alicia Fox is set for a signing at Axxess this week, her first appearance for WWE since Arn Anderson was fired, allegedly for allowing her to wrestle on a house show while intoxicated.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.