Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sasha Banks was not backstage at Raw, according to PW Insider.
- ESPN has a source they say confirmed what we all assumed this Instagram was telling us, that Ronda Rousey is taking a hiatus from WWE to start a family with Travis Browne.
- Samoa Joe was set to appear on Raw last night to work a segment with Braun Strowman. WrestlingNews.co reports this was changed because Joe is sick with a bad case of the flu.
- Shinsuke Nakamura either has re-signed or will re-sign with WWE, based on this tweet from Dave Meltzer.
- PAC may have been injured in a match in Scotland over the weekend. Wrestling Observer reports there was concern backstage about a bump he took on his neck.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.