The newest edition of Cody Rhodes’ YouTube series Road To Double Or Nothing, which along with Being The Elite is where All Elite Wrestling’s kayfabe world lives alongside news about the fledgling company, is embedded above.
It’s the usual mix we’ve come to expect from the show: reveal a couple signings, profile a few performers & their characters, lay groundwork for a future Cody angle, hype some ancillary part of the BTE empire, and tease a big announcement.
Here’s your synopsis of episode 11, released today (April 12):
- Glacier is All Elite. He’ll be in the Double Or Nothing battle royal, and a member of Rhodes’ council of advisers.
- Cody gets advice from WCW’s Mortal Kombat-inspired “legend” on how to handle Chris Jericho, as we continue building the arrogant diva vs. management story for Alpha vs. Omega II at the May 25 pay-per-view (PPV), and beyond.
- Kylie Rae is profiled. AEW looks to be making her the “what if WWE didn’t screw up Bayley on the main roster?” babyface of the women’s division.
- Are you in the market for some children’s books? After a tease for a big signing Rhodes is sending Michael Cuellari to the midwest to finalize, we get a mini-infomercial for The Elite’s line of kid lit.
- Nyla Rose is built as AEW’s Kong/Kharma-type, and she vows to break Barbies/b****es Kylie & Britt Baker in their Triple Threat in Las Vegas next month.
- Darby Allin, fresh out of his Evolve/WWN contract, is All Elite. And he’s got a match lined up for Kenny Omega’s CEO show already!
With lots of talk about All Elite television this week, is this making you more excited for AEW’s future?