Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful notes that sources have told them it would be a big surprise if WWE let Sasha Banks out of her contract.
- According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Daniel Bryan might be injured and that’s why he wasn’t on television this past week.
- He also said “nobody knows” anything about the Superstar Shakeup right now, and everyone is being kept in the dark on it.
- According to PW Insider, Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston was the original plan for the SmackDown Live main event this week but it was changed to a six-man later in the day. They also say the match was cut for time, and that’s why McIntyre disappeared to the back during the match, because he wasn’t involved in the finish anyway.
- Advertising seems to indicate Seth Rollins will be feuding with Drew McIntyre, and Roman Reigns will enter a program with Baron Corbin soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.