Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- AEW’s television show will be announced for Turner Sports (TNT/TBS) at the Warners Media upfronts on May 15. This comes from Twitter user The Fight Oracle, which is believed to be the new account for MMA “insider” Front Row Brian.
- That report claims the show will air on Tuesdays and debut the same week SmackDown moves to Fox, which would be Oct. 1.
- AJ Styles’ injury is to his hip, PW Insider has confirmed. They say it happened when he hit the Phenomenal Forearm while Randy Orton was on the floor.
- Backstage interviewer Dasha Fuentes was released by WWE last week, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. It was the company’s decision and not at her request, per PW Insider.
- Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix could be sticking around to work more matches, including on WWE’s upcoming European tour, says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.