Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleMania 35 could have as many as 16 matches, and half of those could be multi-man/woman matches.
- WrestleVotes notes discussions on Undertaker were ongoing within WWE this week. It’s likely he’ll appear at WrestleMania 35.
- Per the Observer, AJ Styles hasn’t signed a new deal with WWE yet but he is expected to.
- Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano were originally going to feud with The Revival over the Raw tag team titles but the former’s neck issues led to Aleister Black & Richochet getting that spot.
- The reason TakeOver won’t be held on Money in the Bank weekend this year is because that show is in May and WWE felt that was too soon after the biggest show of the year, or at least that’s the word going around, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.