Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, the Observer says the winner of the Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair match at WrestleMania 35 “largely depends on Rousey’s final date with the company.”
- They also note some of the reason for the storyline changes in that feud have been to set up future rivalries for Lynch.
- While it’s still expected Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE, there are many who are trying to get him to stay.
- PW Insider is standing by its reporting that Bruce Prichard is very high up on the totem pole on the WWE creative team, despite other reports disputing that.
- Jim Cornette mentioned on his podcast that he has not officially signed with MLW but he’s committed up through WrestleMania weekend.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.