Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer is saying WWE has a deal “on the table” with John Cena for a WrestleMania 35 match and that match would not be against Kurt Angle.
- They also note that with the SNL hosts in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, that match will likely be on the main pay-per-view at WrestleMania 35. Conversely, the women’s battle royal will likely be on the pre-show.
- As for The Andre Battle Royal, it’s expected more names will be added to it by the time it happens.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Keith Lee hasn’t wrestled because he’s been hurt but it’s not a serious injury.
- Speaking of injuries, Squared Circle Sirens notes Jinny is on the shelf with an injury of her own.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.