Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE’s expected to announce plans for how the SmackDown Women’s title will be handled during WrestleMania 35’s main event during Raw Monday, but they’ll keep it secret until then.
- For anyone hoping for good news for Asuka, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio it’s unlikely she’ll be added to the match.
- There’s lots of speculation, including from Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live, that the SmackDown title won’t be on the line at WrestleMania, with the reason being WWE plans to end the broadcast with all four of the NXT Horsewomen in the ring, holding up a belt.
- El Hijo del Fantasma (King Cuerno) had offers from WWE before he was free of his Lucha Underground contract, per WOR. Meltzer thinks those offers are still out there and that WWE might be where Fantasma ends up now.
- WWE shared a photo of Rob Gronkowski and several Superstars at a USO fundraiser on Tuesday night, leading to more speculation the recently retired NFL star could be headed to WWE. The Washington, D.C. event was not WWE-specific, however, and Gronk was scheduled to be there to accept an award.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.