Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Pro Wrestling Sheet’s sources, WWE recently offered Becky Lynch a new multi-year contract which includes a raise. She’s expected to sign it soon.
- We all knew it was coming, but a WWE online ad spoils that Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan will be the WWE title match at WrestleMania 35.
- Lucha Central reports El Hijo del Fantasma (King Cuerno), Joey Ryan, Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa (Kobra Moon) have been released from their Lucha Underground contracts as part of a settlement for a pair of lawsuits filed against the show’s producers.
- Fantasma is expected to be targeted by WWE and Joey Ryan will likely sign with AEW, per Lucha Central.
- The new WWE HQ in Stamford will have much more space than Titan Towers, which the company has long since outgrew. A source joked to PW Insider that the building could hold its own Performance Center.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.