Based on the draw which went down in the
main event middle of the show at Ring of Honor’s 17th Anniversary PPV, it’s not surprising Matt Taven has joined Marty Scurll as a challenger for Jay Lethal’s Ring of Honor World championship at G1 Supercard. Given that Scurll walked out of Sam’s Town last Friday carrying Jay’s belt - and that the feud between Taven and Lethal has revolved around which of them is the “real” champ - a ladder match is also a logical stipulation for their match at Madison Square Garden on April 6.
So that’s what ROH booked at their television taping Saturday night. And since word was already going around that’s what they did, the company went ahead and shared the kayfabe set-up for that match themselves...
Their Triple Threat ladder match joins the following card:
- Jay White (c) vs. the winner of the ongoing New Japan Cup tournament for the IWGP Heavyweight championship
- Villain Enterprises (PCO & Brody King) vs. Bullet Club’s Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) for the ROH and IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team championships
- Jeff Cobb vs. Will Ospreay for the ROH TV and NEVER Openweight titles
- Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Dragon Lee vs. Bandido for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight championship
- Dalton Castle vs. Rush
- Bully Ray vs. a mystery challenger in a New York City Street Fight
- Honor Rumble battle royal