Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that as of a week ago the plan was not for Samoa Joe vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 35.
- Speaking of Cena, there’s some speculation that Kurt Angle’s final match at WrestleMania 35 could end up being against him.
- Meltzer also said that despite everything WWE has done on television of late, Dean Ambrose is still leaving when his contract is up.
- PW Insider notes that WWE filed to trademark Tough Enough again, and it could be to revive the show once more.
- For whatever it’s worth, JoJo’s website tweeted that she’s not in WWE right now over a personal issue and she will be back eventually.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.