Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is “searching for answers” to Raw & SmackDown’s recent ratings, says Wrestling Observer Radio and “we’re gonna see a lot of risks taken now” as the company tries to please its TV partners and protect its biggest revenue stream for the future.
- John Pollock of Post Wrestling tweeted a promo that aired in Canada during last night’s Raw confirming the return of the Superstar Shake-up for April 15 - 16 in Montreal.
- It’s looking unlikely that Triple H will be ready for a match against Dave Bautista or anyone else at WrestleMania 35, per Sports Illustrated.
- According to PW Insider, the original Hart Foundation (Jimmy Hart, Bret Hart and Jim The Anvil Neidhart) will be the first inductees announced for WWE’s 2019 Hall of Fame class.
- Regarding the Hall of Fame, Dave Meltzer said on Observer Radio there’s not much talk backstage about headliners (who normally would have been announced by now) and the 2019 class seems to be a low priority for the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.