Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- After Fightful reported the plan was for the Women’s Tag title match to close Elimination Chamber last night, both that site and PW Insider indicated Vince McMahon changed the match order late Sunday afternoon to have the WWE title go on last.
- McMahon didn’t believe the Women’s match would “get the desired reaction to close the show”, according to Fightful.
- Wrestling Observer’s Bryan Alvarez tweeted that Carmella & Naomi being eliminated first from the Women’s title match was a “change of plans”, presumably due to their outside the ring issues over the past few days.
- Possibly related - PW Insider says announcers didn’t get their usual entrances with music ahead of Elimination Chamber.
- It looks like Jay White is getting the booking New Japan would have used for Kenny Omega had he not signed with AEW, per Wrestling Observer and others.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.