The spectacle of Alberto Del Rio competing in MMA against Tito Ortiz will soon be upon us. The two are scheduled to fight in Combate Americas on Saturday, Dec. 7 in McAllen, Texas. They hit the scales Friday night, and it led to a shoving bout between the two.
Alberto came in first for the weigh-ins (watch here) at 209 pounds for the 210 pound catchweight fight. Tito was next. He also weighed in at 209 pounds. The two fighters squared up for a photoshoot staredown.
That’s when it got hectic with Tito shoving Alberto and everyone on stage getting in between to separate the two.
Check out a clip of the skirmish.
Tito Ortiz vs. Alberto “El Patrón” Rodriguez #TitoVsAlberto #WhatSideAreYouOn pic.twitter.com/gsPQW90A11— ZombieProphet (@GIFsZP) December 7, 2019
Some might call that cringeworthy, but I call it awesome. It worked on me. I’m pumped for Tito vs Alberto. Their competitive juices were no doubt flowing in that moment, but they are also two showmen selling the fight. Heck, they’ve been making headlines with outrageous bets, such as Tito’s UFC belt for Alberto’s WWE belt to the winner and Tito putting up $50,000 for charity if Alberto can last past the first round.
Also on the card will be everybody’s favorite luchadora, Sexy Star. Sexy will be fighting in her second MMA fight. She weighed in at 119.5 pounds and acted like a true cabrona toward her opponent Anali Lopez Hernandez.
There will also be plenty of familiar faces on the production side. Matt Striker and BMF champ Jorge Masvidal will be part of the broadcast team. Melissa Santos will be working the event as well. Chavo Guerrero will be in Alberto’s corner for his walk to La Juala. There might even be members of the Trump family in attendance to support Tito.
The Tito vs Alberto event for Combate Americas can be viewed through Fite.TV (here) at 9 pm ET on Saturday, Dec. 7. The prelims with Sexy Star’s fight are free on Fite.TV (here) starting at 7 pm ET.
The main card bouts will be:
- Tito Ortiz (20-12-1) vs. Alberto “El Patrón” Rodriguez (9-5)
- Strawweight World Championship: Melissa “Super Mely” Martinez (6-0) vs. Desiree “Dirty Dez” Yanez (5-1)
- Dani Barez (11-4) vs. Joao Camilo (6-3)
- Levy “El Negro” Marroquin (12-3) vs. Enrique “Baby Bull” Gonzalez (8-3)
The prelim card bouts will be:
- Gaston “Tonga” Reyno (8-2, 2 NC) vs. Rey “The Warrior” Trujillo (24-27)
- “Sexy Star” Dulce Garcia (1-0) vs. Anali Lopez Hernandez (0-0)
- Jose “Luke” Flores (8-1) vs. Clarence Brown (2-2)
- Ricky “El Gallero” Palacios (11-2) vs. Jose “The Ghost” Ceja (4-5)
- Victor “The Brick” Martinez (11-4) vs. Luis Luna (16-7)
- Elias Urbina (4-1) vs. Mike Tovar (0-0)
- Edmilson Freitas (8-4) vs. Raymond Banda (7-3)
What side are you on, Alberto or Tito? Did that skirmish get you excited for Saturday night? Do you think Alberto can get past the first round?