Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon loved the Bobby Lashley/Lana arrest angle on Monday’s Raw, and everything about the program, a source told WrestlingNews.co. They were also told the segments will continue as long as they continue to do above average numbers.
- That site also heard Cedric Alexander is well-liked backstage, but that Vince “cooled off” on him. That explains his booking over the past couple months, and could tie in to this September rumor.
- Marty Scurll to AEW isn’t a done deal, says Twitter’s rovert. ROH’s offer is allegedly “massive”. Tony Khan regrets some past big money deals and isn’t offering big money right now.
- Bleacher Report’s Jonathan Snowden tweeted he was told by Brandi Rhodes that Kris Statlander has signed with AEW.
- According to Squared Circle Sirens, Russian MMA fighter Lainey Nations and Steven Seagal & Kelly LeBrock’s daughter Arissa LeBrock are taking part in this week’s WWE tryouts at the Performance Center.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.